Understanding Residential Building Costs for Quoting & Tendering
A one-day course for architectural professionals on understanding building costs in the residential building industry
Most architectural professionals have experienced the stress of having to design around a client's budget. Calculating building costs is a vital part of the service offered by architectural professionals and this course offers practical tools and methods to assist in managing cost calculating.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Architectural professionals, specifically working within the residential industry sector.
27 September 2018
Brandford Manor, North Riding
COST PER DELEGATE
1 day, 08:30 - 16:00
Tea, coffee and water served throughout the day. Full lunch (halaal and kosher arranged with booking)
1 CPD Point, Category 1
OUR PRESENTER - GRAHAM ALEXANDER
Architectural professional, lecturer, author and radio show host, Graham Alexander has been intricately involved in the building industry for over thirty years, informing and learning from the industry. He has passionately pioneered the principle of calculating building costs correctly.
Workshop Content, Objectives & Outcomes
1. Overview of calculating costs in the residential building industry
2. The role of the architectural professional in a residential building project and responsibility in calculating costs
3. m2 building rates
4. How do contractors quote?
5. Designing to budget
6. Complexity and time when measuring a residential building
7. Rate build-ups
8. Drawings required to calculate costs effectively
9. Material, labour, sub-contractors, and specialist contractors
10. Provisional Sums, PC Items & Handling fees
11. P&G and profit
12. Using a Bill of Resources
13. B.I.M. [building information modelling] and calculating costs